The Government is changing the law to make work better for New Zealanders. The Employment Relations Amendment Bill is a draft
law going through Parliament now. The CTU and Together have produced a helpful two-page summary of the changes.
Click here to see the full summary. This law helps repair the damage caused by the last National Government. Some of the important changes are:
- Rolling back 90-day "Fire at Will" trial periods
- Bringing back guaranteed rest and meal breaks
- Making sure people can join a union safely
- Returning access rights to unions
- Improving your ability to access a collective agreement in your workplace